Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Revision- Ashley S

Revisions, Revisions, Revisions. I have so many new ideas and things to put with my Recisions. I choose to revise my nonfiction and fiction. The hardest part for me is to get started. I know that I want to make revisions but where to make them where not to make them is sometimes difficult. Also finding the time to make my revisions is hard. I work full time so by the end of the day I''m so sleepy the last thing I want to do is work on revisions. I also find it difficult deleting paragraphs. I feel as if I worked so hard on those paragraphs, I just can't take them out of my story. I like adding to my stories I am having a hard time taking things out of my stories. It's coming along slowly but it's coming.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I have to say that I agree with you on this post. I know that I want to revise my papers and make them much better not only for myself but also for audience who will be reading and critiquing my writings. I also like you said have trouble with where should I start. I try to decide what parts of the story are irrelevant, necessary or just there for my own pleasure. When I can decipher a little bit between these three or something pretty close I am ready to revise. But I hate completely cutting a specific part out of my story that I personally worked hard on to put in the story just for revision purposes. I feel like when I take a part out of my story, it is similar to training for something and then finding out that I cannot even participate in the event.

    Jaaziah Bethea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering how many new things we have to come up with, whether for other classes or even more writing for this class, it's definitely difficult to even consider revisiting an old piece, especially considering that finals week is near. I barely squeeze in a few minutes of revising, but it's definitely hard to think about so much work without getting burnt out!

    -Tomas

    ReplyDelete