Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Akira Toriyama (Ode to Dragonball Z)

Wondrous,
Opulent,
Hero of children,
Lord of strength,
Savior,

Thou son of sun,
Sun of our sons,
Waltz-man of imagination,
Became the mustard seed in the hearts of man,
Connected as they brows to eyes,
To the tree of might all have grown to cherish,
Marked by black and gold stalagmites reaching the sky,
To our clouds,
And thou and they hat taken to this flight,
To the zenith of existence,
"Kamehameha!" Solely the utterance is as a bomb to our spirits.
"Kamehameha!" We sing in praise of thee,
Star of glory,
Warrior of light,
Thou art even still...
Our hero.

I picked this poem because Dragonball z dominated my childhood. Ever since third grade, I've rushed home to catch the five thirty showing on cartoon network; and even now, I watch it online and own some of the videos. When the show was canceled in America, I parted bitterly and still catch myself drawing those great characters that changed my television experience forever. This poem descrives the main character, Goku, with the shows creator, Akira. Goku is always Earth's last hope and defender: Wonderous, savior, and hero--these all fit the pure-hearted Goku.

No comments:

Post a Comment