Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fish and Tiffanys

It’s a Tuesday. It’s a Tuesday evening. It’s a Tuesday evening and I’m sitting in my statistics class listening to a man talk about the same stuff that my 12th grade psychology teacher talked about. My head hurts, my body is exhausted and I have three assignments for studio fundamentals due tomorrow. Better yet they involve construction paper. Though this sounds more like a rant than any type of philosophical discussion of Shakespeare or William Henry Blake but sometimes-real life is more beneficial.

I bought this movie called “Mega-Shark vs. Giant Octopus,” last weekend. Scratch that it was the weekend before last. It was in a huge pile of DVDs for $5 at Walmart. I bought a copy of “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” as well. Funny enough I was with a guy friend so, when we went up to the register our choice of movies was stereotypically “his and hers” like. Little to be known they were both mine, mwahahaha. Sadly enough I’ve been so busy with construction paper pictures, and 36” x 48” drawing midterms that I haven’t been able to watch this excellent example of Hollywood filmography. I’ve been deprived this week, I know.

The funny part about buying this ungodly terrible film was truly the fact that earlier that week I had expressed to my friend that I absolutely needed one of those terrible Scifi movie monstrosities. Low and behold the epitome of such films just happened to be in a giant bucket at Walmart, and though “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” is a better quality film sometimes I get tired of watching the cultured films with the famous actors like Jimmy Stewart and Robin Williams. Sometimes I don’t want to sit in statistics and listen to my professor talk about case studies. Sometimes I just want a nap.

Samantha Audet

4 comments:

  1. It is hard to argue with that. I know a lot of times I am in a class but wish I were elsewhere.

    I sometimes wonder if the teacher feels the same way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast at Tiffany's was the best...I often want to visit the one in Tysons's and stand out front sipping coffee and eating a danish just like Audrey Hepburn did. It also slipped my mind that George Peppard actually starred in the A-Team later in his career, old re-runs come on all the time it seems...wow what a change of type for him all those years later!

    Cindy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing it wrong!
    If you want a crap movie, you have to go horror. There is this movie about a demented clown killing a bunch of bad-actors called "Killjoy." They actually made a damn series about it. Or you can go for my personal favorite series: "It's Alive,""It Lives Again," and "It's Alive 3: Island of the Alive." I laughed so hard reading the titles that I nearly pissed myself.
    D. Ryan

    ReplyDelete