Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Coupons

Coupons, Coupons where art thou sale?
Whole Foods, Safeway, and a Giant to boot
With an abundance of circulars almost written in Braille
Out of Bread and need more jam
Don’t want my pancakes to stick so have to get Pam
Without hast I am off to the freezer section
To use my two dollars off sausage & pepperoni
Then next to the Seafood Counter
Off to the see the butcher but sadly no sale there
Spending so much money; much more that I can bear
Only to get into a lengthy line and see the patrons
In line behind me and their annoyance of stares

Craig Fontenot

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA! I love it Craig. I really thought your poem was funny. I think everyone who lives on a budget or who is a bargin shopper can really relate to your poem. I could really picture someone walking up and down the ailes trying to get things on sale and dissapointed when they're not. Great poem and I can relate.

    - Ashley

    ReplyDelete