Monday, September 20, 2010

Because the point of view changes it makes the story much different. When the story is in first person, I write feel connected to the story. But when I change it to second or third person I felt distant from it. In second person, I felt as it someone was telling me the story face to face and I was trying to clarify what they were saying. In third person, I felt like I was reading a story about someone I didn't know. The tone changes completely because its almost as if a different person is writing the story therefore the attitude is almost one of complexity.











~Jaaziah~

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how you feel connected to the story when you write in first person. As the audience, I feel more connected to the story when I read it in second person. I think it's very easy to write in first person, especially if the story is something that actually happened to you. But by shifting the point of view, the reader can receive a completely different effect.

    -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt connected to the 1st person as well and I think it comes off more positive than the other 2. Perhaps explaining the events myself I wasn't really thinking about the impact, whereas in the 2nd and 3rd person I felt more emotionally charged about the whole situation. You know how individually we don't always see things the way we should and we have a friend or other outsider bring in a perspective that we may not have thought about.

    Cindy Davis

    ReplyDelete