Friday, September 10, 2010

Believable or Not?

I loved, loved, loved your example of writer patient must intact to develop a plot. I would add that body language is also important, especially when it comes to describing your characters actions. But if you are only looking to create a character in personality think about what people around you are like.

Not everyone can be musically inclined geniuses that ride motorcycles and fall for the main character even though they're bad boys or vice versa.

Characters need to have flaws emotionally, mentally and physically. And I don't mean Stephanie Meyer flaws where the character is "average" looking and klutzy. That's only what people can see that are physical attributes and behaviors.

I found that writing a character page to come up with what my characters looks like physically and maybe add in strengths, weaknesses, favorite foods, worst fears and make up a background story.

I enjoyed reading, very good job.

Craig Fontenot

1 comment: