Monday, September 27, 2010

lost.

I have no sense of time. The day accelerates from evening to midday. I can hardly keep myself grounded, and yet there you are, unchanging. You are the one who seems to make time pass so much faster, and without you, the minutes drag so slow that I feel as if I could catch and bottle them.

I've never felt so dependent on anyone in my life. Half the day feels like I'm floating in space; nothing seems to connect or make sense down there on Earth. The Earth is just a glittering mass of sapphire and emerald, and I'm not part of it. I'm living too much in my own mind, thinking about you and wondering why this is happening. Nothing seems to be right; nothing seems to be wrong.

I don't know where I'm going. I thought I had everything figured out, but now I have nothing. All the pieces slipped through my fingers, and now I'm struggling to find them. You've made something so easy into something so difficult; you're destroying me, or what used to be me.

I'm feeling myself fall apart. You are deconstructing me one brick at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I like the feeling of solidarity you convey through the disconnect between you, people, and even physical reality.

    -Brian
    (Deleted comment, because I forgot to sign my name.)

    ReplyDelete