Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SUNNY SKIES

Sunny Skies
It's funny you and I
Were both so blue
Do you feel the things I do?
Sunny Skies
I still can see your eyes
When you said hello
I knew all too soon you'd go
When the autumn came you went away
Was our summer love a bit too hot for you to stay?
Please don't make this last forever
It's raining January through December
Please don't take away my Sunny Skies
Sunny Skies
A tear fell from my eyes
And since you went away
I've been sad, blue and grey
Sunny Skies
It's really no surprise
That I'm lost alone and I wish you just come home
When the autumn leaves came tumbling down
I looked everywhere and you could not be found
Don't make it last forever
It's raining January Through December
Please don't take away my Sunny Skies

Craig Fontenot

1 comment:

  1. Nice poem, Craig :) Did you write this? I think the repetition of "Sunny Skies" works well. It highlights the contrast between sun/warmth/all that Summer conveys, and the loneliness/rain/loss that is felt now. It seems to be a plea for the memories of "sunny skies" not to slip away.

    -Jackie

    ReplyDelete